Can you ride the Triumph Bonneville Bobber on an A2 licence?

Yes, you can ride the Triumph Bonneville Bobber (2017 onwards) on an A2 motorbike licence. However, you will need to fit a restrictor kit to reduce its power output and make it A2 licence compliant!

Triumph Bonneville Bobber (2017 onwards) motorcycle

Triumph Bonneville Bobber (2017 onwards)

The Triumph Bonneville Bobber is considered on of the best motorcycles in the category. It is a stylish cruiser with the typical retro design that has became so popular in recent years. It comes with a small seat that is highly impractical, but it just looks so cool on the bike.

Triumph has equipped this motorcycle with the same parallel twin engine you can find in the Bonneville T120. It has lots of character and there is plenty of toque, especially in the low end.

The riding experience is super-smooth and the motorcycle is pretty easy to handle. Unfortunately, the seat is not very comfortable for longer distances. The fuel tank is lacking in size, but the bike offers very good fuel economy, which can offset this issue.

A2 Licence Compliance

The Triumph Bonneville Bobber is a 1200cc A2-friendly bike. It has a power output of 57 kW (76 bhp), which exceeds the 35 kW (47 bhp) limit needed for an A2 licence. The bike has to be restricted by at least 38.5% to become A2 licence compliant.

You will need a restrictor to ride the Triumph Bonneville Bobber on an A2 motorbike licence. See the restrictor kits section to check out what restrictors are available for the Triumph Bonneville Bobber.

Engine typeParallel Twin
Engine strokes4-Stroke
Engine size1200cc
Power output57 kW
Torque output78 ft-lb
Top speed115 mph
Horsepower76 bhp
Weight228 kg
Seat height690 mm
Front tyre size100/90-19
Rear tyre size150/80-16
Fuel tank size9.1 litres
Fuel tank range138 miles
Fuel consumption69 mpg
Oil capacity3.4 litres
Annual road tax£117
Overall rating