Can you ride the Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout on an A2 licence?

Yes, you can ride the Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout (2018 onwards) on an A2 motorbike licence. However, you will need to fit a restrictor kit to reduce its power output and make it A2 licence compliant!

Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout (2018 onwards) motorcycle

Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout (2018 onwards)

The Harley-Davidson Breakout 114 is a dragster-style cruiser bike powered by the Milwaukee Eight engine. It comes with a newly designed Softail frame that is much stronger and lighter than before. The overall build quality has been improved, but there are some owners having battery issues.

A2 Licence Compliance

The Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout is a 1868cc A2-friendly bike. It has a power output of 69 kW (94 bhp), which exceeds the 35 kW (47 bhp) limit needed for an A2 licence. The bike has to be restricted by at least 49.2% to become A2 licence compliant.

You will need a restrictor to ride the Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout on an A2 motorbike licence. See the restrictor kits section to check out what restrictors are available for the Harley-Davidson Softail Breakout.

Engine typeV-Twin
Engine strokes4-Stroke
Engine size1868cc
Power output69 kW
Torque output107 ft-lb
Top speed120 mph
Horsepower94 bhp
Weight305 kg
Seat height665 mm
Front tyre size130/60-21
Rear tyre size240/40-18
Fuel tank size13.6 litres
Fuel tank range140 miles
Fuel consumption38 mpg
Oil capacity4.8 litres
Annual road tax£117
Overall rating