Can you ride the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob on an A2 licence?

Yes, you can ride the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob (2018 onwards) on an A2 motorbike licence. However, you will need to fit a restrictor kit to reduce its power output and make it A2 licence compliant!

Harley-Davidson Fat Bob (2018 onwards) motorcycle

Harley-Davidson Fat Bob (2018 onwards)

The Harley-Davidson Fat Bob is a good-looking well-balanced cruiser from the Softail family of motorcycles. It is available in two different versions/capacities, 107 and 114 (Milwaukee-Eight engine size in inches).

The bike was designed to appeal to European riders and despite its larger form factor, it is very easy to handle. Unfortunately, its price tag is pretty high and the build quality could be better.

A2 Licence Compliance

The Harley-Davidson Fat Bob is a 1746cc A2-friendly bike. It has a power output of 64 kW (86 bhp), which exceeds the 35 kW (47 bhp) limit needed for an A2 licence. The bike has to be restricted by at least 45.3% to become A2 licence compliant.

You will need a restrictor to ride the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob on an A2 motorbike licence. See the restrictor kits section to check out what restrictors are available for the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob.

Engine typeV-Twin
Engine strokes4-Stroke
Engine size1746cc
Power output64 kW
Torque output107 ft-lb
Top speed110 mph
Horsepower86 bhp
Weight296 kg
Seat height710 mm
Front tyre size150/80-16
Rear tyre size180/70-16
Fuel tank size13.6 litres
Fuel tank range135 miles
Fuel consumption44 mpg
Oil capacity4.8 litres
Annual road tax£117
Overall rating